Dad's Back is the 20th episode of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, and the nineteenth episode produced. The episode starts when the twins's dad, Kurt Martin, comes for a visit. Meanwhile, London is helping Maddie get an "A" in gym by training her.
Episode Summary Edit
Kurt Martin, Zack & Cody's father, returns to visit them. Kurt allows the twins to do whatever they want and break all of Carey's rules. Kurt invites the twins to ride along on his bus with his band on tour. When Carey and Zack have an argument for not doing his homework and being irresponsible, Zack sneaks onto his father's tour bus, much to Carey's dismay and fear.
Carey tries to be the "fun" mom with Cody, but goes too far. Kurt tries to be the "serious" parent with Zack but falls short of expectations. When Zack realizes that Kurt is unable to help him with his homework and be a responsible parent, he is sorry for running out on Carey. Both parents realize that what the other one brings is needed balance to their twins.
In the subplot, Maddie is failing gym and enlists London to help her pass. London uses very unorthodox methods to help her. For example, Maddie runs on the treadmill carrying heaving shopping bags while chasing a pair of designer shoes on a stick, which happen to be the last pair on sale that Portia is going to get. Finally, Maddie passes the test.
- "Mr. Moseby, I sent an email to Zack a 5 page letter of How I miss him, What is he doing...and Zack replied to me. Mr. Moseby, read the reply." - Carey Martin.
- "That's exactly what you mother said when she left me, and a few other things I can't mention." - Kurt Martin.
- "Well, I see the apples don't fall far from the tree." - Marion Moseby.
- "I love life on the road. Poker, belching contests, and no one nags me to take a shower." - Zack Martin.
- "Well, my straight A grade point average is being threatened just because Sister Mary Fredo is failing me in PE. Now I'm not going to get into a good college just because I can't do a sit up, run, or climb a stupid rope." - Maddie Fitzpatrick.
- The guys said this is Spring Break, but in the next episode is Winter. (Christmas at the Tipton).
- When Zack says that it is noon, you can see Kurt's watch and it says a different time.
- When Zack burps, you can tell it's fake.