A Prom Story is the eighth episode of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody and the eleventh episode produced.. The episode starts when Maddie is going to go to the prom with a guy, but Zack thinks Maddie has a crush on him. Meanwhile, when a circus comes to the Tipton, Cody tries to make a mime talk.
Maddie has her prom at The Tipton Hotel and is eager to attend with a High School senior. Zack believes Maddie wants to attend to the prom with him when he overhears her saying there's an age difference of three years. He even arranges for the visiting circus to entertain the High School students when the band, Maroon 5 does not show and the prom becomes incredibly boring.
Cody becomes obsessed with a mime from the circus and annoys him so he finally talks, ruining his career as a mime. Zack is crushed when he finds out the truth that her crush was an older high school student. Maddie in turn finds out her crush is revealed to be dating a college student, she and Zack console each other and hit the dance floor together. It is possible that Maddie is beginning to like Zack more and more and more (but not in a going-out type situation).
- "Mr. Moseby, you gotta see this, this so cool. This guy went down stairs but there's no stairs." - Cody Martin.
- "Now if you'll excuse me, my prom committee will be here any minute." - Maddie Fitzpatrick.
- "I've heard of it. I've just never seen it on your face." - Carey Martin.
- "Have you seen what you're wearing?" - London Tipton.
- "When you say smart, do you mean like someone who just got an 85 on his vocabulary quiz? (*takes out test and shows it to her*)." - Zack Martin.
- Zack's love for Maddie is expressed throughout the whole episode.
- When Carey wipes the shaving cream off of Zack's face, there is still a little spot left on his chin.
- When Cody is calling for Maurice (the mime), Maurice hides behind a bell hop, then when he comes back from behind the bell hop, we see Cody and Maurice talking and the bell hop disappeared.